1/08/2023

Petit Printemps - Démo (1997)

    Petit Printemps was a hardcore band from Poitiers, France. Theres just something about the way the French did hardcore in the 90s; I think I may have ended up collecting more French stuff than Canadian by now. It's for a reason. Petit Printemps is a shining example of the French sound; layered and intense with great stop-start bits. I could compare them to L'invention De Morel, Peu être and Weep. This cassette is very obviously low-fi quality but I think the ideas presented still shine through despite the recording quality; much like the track Orchard by Indian Summer. The tape hiss and warble effect gives the demo a bit of a spooky sound and it compliments the style of music. 

    I got a decent rip of my copy and tried my best to remove the tape noise but it still doesn't sound much better, at least its a somewhat noticeable increase in sound fidelity from the previous circulating rip. 


No comments: