2/15/2024

Second Story Window - Discography (1993-1994)

    Second Story Window was a hardcore band from Del Mar, California. Sharing members with bands like Heroin, Candle and Spanakorzo; Second Story Window was a welcome addition to the Gravity Records catalog and an interesting evolution of the Gravity sound. In terms of sound the band could be compared to Heroin, but quite a bit more melodic and cohesive. I'd personally go so far as to say that I prefer this band to Heroin, despite them lacking the visibility, influence and clear legacy of Heroin.

    In my books, Second Story Window is one of the most overlooked/underrated bands of the Cali/Gravity scene, which is a bit strange because the Cali scene usually garners a lot of attention. The ST 7" was one of the first 7"s I owned when I first got into this scene and I have to say that it hasn't gotten old yet. Second Story Window produced some really fun, intense and compelling tracks in their short active period. 

    Its a shame that Second Story Window only has two releases, if anyone knows of any other recordings, demo or otherwise, please let us know!


ST 7" 1993 (Gravity)

ST 12" 1994 (Gravity)

No comments: