10/05/2026

A Smile For Weakness - Discography (1997-2001)


    A Smile For Weakness was a metallic screamo band from Ottawa, Ontario. The band seemed to have been a mainstay of the late 90's/early 00s Ontario screamo scene along with bands like Roads To Shiloh (pre-Van Johnson) and Vincent Black Shadow. I can't remember where I came across this information but ASFW also played shows with Saetia, which makes sense as they were featured on a Mountain C.I.A compilation. I am happy to say after at least 3 years of searching I have finally come across the CD demo and will be sharing it here for the first time. (Big thanks to Andrew Butko from Van Johnson for sending it over) I would reccommend this band to fans of the late 90's metalcore/screamo sound encompassing bands like Love Lost But Not Forgotten and Joshua Fit For Battle. Alex Edkins would later go on to play in METZ.


Demo CD 2000

Demo Tape 1999 (still missing 2 songs from this!)

Farm Sanctuary Benefit Compilation CD 2001 (The Mountain C.I.A)

No comments: