10/14/2024

In Vain - Discography (1995-1997)


     In Vain was a hardcore band from Wolcott, Connecticut. The band shared members with 100 Demons and appeared on a split 7" with the influential Piebald. In Vain had a youthful and energetic sound that teetered on the precipice between melodic and heavy, they really remind me at times of Frail; leaning into the more traditional aspects of hardcore while adding in a splash of that "emo" sound. I first encountered this band when I picked up the 4-way compilation 7" they featured on, this was about 3 years ago and I unfortunately wrote off the band as being not very interesting from that first listen. This summer I came across a copy of the ST 7" in Montreal and decided to give the band another spin. I was rewarded this time around as In Vain had some really refreshingly unique compositions. I'm finding myself listening to them more and more each time I revisit them and I highly suggest checking them out if you haven't heard of them before!


Demo (Missing)
Youth For Justice Compilation CD (Missing)

In Vain 7" 1995 (Youth Power)

Council Of Five Nations Split 7" 1995 (The Arm)

In Vain / Piebald Split 7" 1997 (Contrast)

4-way Compilation 7" 1995 (Youth Power)

Youth For Justice CD (Earth House)

No comments: