11/10/2023

Mitsubishi Suicide - Showcase (2022-Present)


Photo Sourced from the band's Instagram

    Mitsubishi Suicide is a post-hardcore band from London, England who formed in 2022 and are currently active. We don't normally post about newer bands that have readily available material but I wanted to shed some light on this band and bring some attention their way. As of yet, Mitsubishi Suicide has released one single, and then an EP on which the single is also featured. 

    The three piece band manages to meld elements of math-rock, emotional hardcore, post-rock, emoviolence and indie rock into a sound that is completely their own. It's pretty rare to come across a currently active band who sound so unique at least in my opinion. Hardcore has such a vast history so most current bands I hear sound like some sort of replication of something previously done, but that's not the case with Mitsubishi Suicide. I can sincerely say I've never heard a band that sounds quite like them.

    Their versatility in instrumental styles as well as vocal styles throughout even the same song is impressive to say the least. The track "Marriage Of Figaro" begins with technical very tightly played math influenced guitar and slowly builds into an experimental yet very controlled chaos. The vocals vary from softly sung to full on high pitched howls and shrieks and even some Native Nod-esque spoken ones. What really draws me in with their music is how varied it is. Each song travels from one end of the spectrum to the complete opposite with such ease that it sounds like it was always meant to be played together. 

    Mitsubishi Suicide is one of my favourite and definitely one of the most interesting sounding current hardcore bands of today. They piqued my interest from the first few notes I heard because they just sound so different than anything I've heard. I'm really looking forward to seeing what else the band does and hope that maybe I can see them live some day! 

Spotify

Bandcamp

Discogs

Song For Ciara H 2022 (4579282 Records DK)


S/T Album / Cassette 2023 (Hunkofplastic Records)

No comments: