3/26/2024

S. Process - Self Titled 12" (1998)

    S. Process was a post-hardcore and later, an electronic post-punk band from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (or New Jersey?). I first stumbled onto the S. Process 12" when I was taking a deep dive through Track Star Records catalog; immediately, I connected with it and had to find a copy. After this 12" however the band took on a more commercialized electronic sound that doesn't resonate with me nearly as much so I decided to just cover the 12" for this post. 

    S. Process continues in the same vein as other Pennsylvania bands like I Am Heaven and Jazz Man's Needle; with slow, spidery and dark songs that build up and explode with remarkable patience and creativity. In my opinion this is a really underrated and almost forgotten release that more people should be paying attention to. If you are a fan of I Am Heaven and are looking for more of that special kind of post-hardcore this 12" is your answer.

ST 12"

ST 12" 1998 (Track Star)

No comments: