4/18/2024

From Maggy To Margaret - Demo (1997)

     From Maggy To Margaret was an emocore band from Lantzville, B.C. I first found out about this band through their contribution to the 8:11 On A Summer Night cassette compilation, which features a ton of other excellent B.C. hardcore bands. This band is a real hidden gem, I could easily compare them instrumentally to other B.C. greats like Breakwater and Wrought: Ironsmile; but the vocals are a lot more earnest and melodic, at times reminding me of the vocal delivery on Bob Tilton's earlier work. Every song on this tape is about 7 minutes long; it is really refreshing to hear another band take on that emocore/post-rock sound that Breakwater did and From Maggy To Margaret does it just as well, in their own unique way. Apparently From Maggy To Margaret evolved into another band called Logan, which I am still trying to find material for.
Big thanks to Chris Vanderlaan for the tape rip and scans, I had been looking for this one for a very long time. If anyone knows anymore information about this band or has up to date contact info for the members please let me know!


Demo 1997? (M Records)

No comments: