5/18/2022

Boxer Rebellion - Discography (1997-2000)

    Hailing from Wichita Kansas, Boxer Rebellion was a chaotic post hardcore band that released some very under-appreciated music. Boxer Rebellion followed closely in Hoover's footsteps, creating tight knit, moody and explosive melodies that are super fun to listen to. This band deserves more attention than it gets; I blind bought the 7" at a local record store when I first got into this kind of music, I loved it so much but I couldn't find it anywhere online; same with the 12". This band basically inspired me (along with my friend Tenzin) to start digitizing and archiving these records.

    Boxer Rebellion pulls off tight knit and excellent performances throughout their discography, with songs so good they could compete with the likes of Hoover and Indian Summer. The 7" masterfully demonstrates the genres trademark chaotic soft-loud dynamics on my favourite track "Brave New Believer". Check it out.

Discography (12", 7" CD & unreleased track)

ST 7" 1997 (Hydra Head)

The Romance Of Aeronautics 12" 1997 (Hydra Head)

Courtesy With Claws CDEP 2000 (Corporate Records)

No comments: