6/07/2023

Holocron - Discography (1995-1997)

(photo credit: Shawn Scallen)

    Holocron was a Stars Wars themed hardcore/grindcore band from Cobourg, Ontario. They shared members with Happy Sockmen, who had a similar, yet toned down sound. In their active period Holocron released a Split 12", a demo and one 7". Holocron was a volatile and energized hardcore band with songs that started out loud and fast and stayed that way. The 7" is only 5 minutes long, I think it might be the shortest 7" I own in my collection; perfect for a band of Holocron's nature. 

    It is also fitting that their 12" split is with Reversal Of Man as Holocron sounded very similar to ROM in their earlier stages, albeit with a faster, more frantic sound. Holocron had some incredibly catchy hooks and guitarwork, their discography is definitely worth your time to listen too. I keep coming back to this band, the songs seem to get stuck in my head over and over and over again.

    I haven't been able to find the Holocron part of the ROM split booklet as my copy never came with a booklet. I only have the ROM side because one of their members was nice enough to send me scans of it. So if anyone can send me scans of the rest of the booklet I would be eternally grateful.

    Big thanks to Emissions Records in Toronto for sending me 18 unreleased Holocron tracks and the demo

Discography and Unreleased Tracks

Reversal Of Man Split 12" 1996 (Intention)

Celestial Sphere 7" 1996 (Winter)

Demo 1996 (Kung Fu Fox)


Food Not Bombs Compilation 1997 (Anima)

Unreleased Compilation Track Art

Go! 50 Canadian Bands 1996 (Fans Of Bad Productions)

No comments: