6/10/2023

Minnow - Discography (1993-1996)


    Minnow was a hardcore band from Guelph, Ontario. Someone once described them to me as "Cap'n Jazz meets Shotmaker", which I think is a great descriptor. Minnow was a bass heavy, grungy hardcore band; with lots of catchy hooks and fun, gritty songs that overflowed with energy. The Club Contest 7" is probably my favourite release by them, all 3 songs stand out as great, infectious hardcore tracks that encapsulate the spirit of the scene at the time. 


    The CD is pretty great too, I love the use of that Woody Guthrie quote in "Over Your Shoulder Like A Weapon". ("I wish I a bushel, I wish I had a peck, I wish I had a rope to tie around every nazi's neck...")


    If anyone has live pictures or live video of Minnow, I'd love to see them! I am still missing one compilation track (3/4) from this discography, if anyone happens to have it please send it my way!

Both 7"s and CD

Split 7" W/ Black Cabbage

Fuck The Commonwealth Comp CD

Guelph Happens Comp CD

Club Contest 7" 1995 (Rank & File)

Minnow 7" 1995 (AHC)

The Sound Of Urban Folk CD 1995 (Bloodred Recordings)

Black Cabbage Split 7" 1994 


Fuck The Commonwealth Comp CD 1994 (Fans Of Bad Productions)

Guelph Happens Comp CD 1994 (DROG)

No comments: