7/04/2024

My Lai - Discography (1996-1999)


    My Lai was a hardcore/powerviolence band from Chicago, Illinois. Notably, the band featured a future guitarist of metal giants Cattle Decapitation. Despite being active in the late 90s, My Lai had a distinctly brash, jagged and unhinged sound that set them apart from the explosion of samey-sounding "emoviolence" that dominated the period. My Lai has a sound that sits between crunchy metalcore-screamo projects like Takaru and "fastcore"/poweviolence bands like Spazz and Charles Bronson. They utilize both high and low vocals to create a well meshed sound, with the low vocals dominating the more metal inspired, slower breakdowns and high vocals shrieking over the break neck powerviolence parts. 


    My Lai was a unique band to say the least and it seems like they were mostly regionally recognized and remembered in Illinois. If you like fast, heavy and surprisingly melodic "emo/screamo" you will probably dig My Lai. Check out the insane bandcamp archive of Dupage County Hardcore for a host of great rips, including all of My Lai's material.

R.I.P Patrick


 Learn Forget Relearn LP/CD 1998 (Divot)

3.16.68 7" 1997 (Divot)

Pony Soldier 7" (Lengua Armada)

My Lai 7" 1999 (Static Station)

Demo 1996

No comments: