10/29/2023

Hassan I Sabbah - Discography (2000-2001)

    Hassan I Sabbah was a hardcore band from Watertown, Massachusetts who were active from 2000-2001. The band includes members of Force Fed Glass, Puritan, Prevail and Rinse. During their active years the band released a 7", a split 7" with Usurp Synapse, a demo tape and appeared on 5 compilations. All of their songs have now been digitally compiled as a discography.

    Hassan I Sabbah is the epitome of the word "emoviolence", with their ear splitting volume levels and chaotic sound. I would compare them to Reversal Of Man and Kwisatz Haderach or even Lost Lost But Not Forgotten in their piercing vocal style and the abrasive instrumentals. 

    Hassan I Sabbah is probably one of my favourite hardcore bands of the early 2000s because of their consistent energy and evident passion for what they were doing. Not all of the bands from this time were capable of matching their energy and it shows. 

    The band members other projects also put out some great stuff, particularly Puritan who remains one of the heaviest bands I've ever heard. 


Discography

S/T 7" 2000 (Robodog Records, Robotic Empire)


Usurp Synapse / Hassan I Sabbah split 7" - Just Do It! 2000 (Electric Human Project)


S/T demo 2000 (Self-released)


Antipodes compilation 7" 2000 (Level Plane Records)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

https://roboticempire.bandcamp.com/album/hassan-i-sabbah-self-titled-7

robotic empire band camp page has this one with bonus tracks. I think it ends up being a sort of discography?