9/22/2024

Burn On Ice - 7" and Compilation Tracks (1999)


    Burn On Ice was an emo/hardcore band from Saint-Étienne, France. The late '90s hardcore scene in Saint-Étienne was incredibly special, yet unfortunately, it remains largely lost to time. Bands like Pedestrian Crossing, Eis, and Burn On Ice are just a few examples that I’ve come across, but they frustratingly have little to no presence online.

    The material I’ve collected from Burn On Ice was previously inaccessible before I managed to track down their releases. Despite being active in the late '90s, their sound feels like it’s straight out of 1992. I’d compare them to bands like Manumission, Reach Out, and Finger Print, if I had to choose a few. One fun detail: the band’s sole 7" features a bundle of human hair glued to the front cover. In the spirit of preservation, I considered keeping it intact with my copy, but I just didn’t have the heart (or stomach) to leave it on. Burn On Ice was an excellent band that remains largely unspoken for, and I’d love to hear more from them. Hopefully, their demo and split tapes will surface in the future!

If you have any information, audio, or extra copies of any of the three Burn On Ice cassette tapes, please let us know!
     

Burn On Ice 7" 1999

Bite The Bastard Compilation CD 1999

Mort Ou Vif Compilation CD 1999

No comments: