5/11/2023

Spirit - Discography (1998-1999)


    Spirit was a emocore band from Montrose, Australia. I have seen their music floating around the internet before but it seems like no one has really given them the time of day; which is a shame because they brought a super unique sound to the table.  I'd really like to know more info about this band, who they toured with, what influenced them, if they had a demo etc. It seems like the old Australian scene was pretty accomplished but it unfortunately has been poorly archived. 

    Spirit mixed noisey, emotional hardcore with more noodley math rock style punk to create a really solid sound. I love the guitarwork and the drums in their songs. They obviously glean from influences that I am not familiar with. I've never really heard an emo band from this period that sounds anywhere close to Spirit. Maybe I could describe them as Manrae meets Moss Icon?

I adore the inserts that come with the 7", i'm really glad I picked up a copy.


In Memory Of... 7" 1999 (Penfold Records)

Blake / Spirit Split 7" 1998 (Organic Records)

No comments: