7/30/2023

A Petal Fallen - Discography (2002-2004)


    A Petal Fallen was a hardcore band from Newark, Delaware. When it comes to 00s "screamo" I am not an expert; the scene seems to be even less documented than the 90s scene. This is really a shame, while the screamo scene at the time may or may not have been oversaturated with medicore bands; there was a few bands that really excelled at blending the new trends that were popular at the time with the passion and intensity of 90s hardcore. 

    I first came across A Petal Fallen when I blind bought their 10" at Aux33tours in Montreal. I wasn't sure what to expect but the 4 songs presented really blew me away. Their use of jarring melodies, chaotic breakdowns and harmonized, shrieking dual vocals really stuck out to me as unique and refreshing. A Petal Fallen managed to convert a bloated and overdone sound into a really intense and refreshing one. 

    While the demo and the unreleased session (consisting of instrumentals only) leave much to be desired but the 4 song 10" and compilation track stick out to me as some of the best material to surface during the mid 00s. I really recommend checking these guys out.


Vision In Blindness, Blindness In Vision 10"/CDr 2004 (Friends Forever)

Times Are Hard For Dreamers Comp CD (Waking)

No comments: