3/13/2023

Happy Sockmen / Candywheel Split 7" (1994)

    Happy Sockmen were a Canadian punk band from Cobourg featuring three members of the hardcore band Holocron; who released a split with Reversal of Man in 1996. Happy Sockmen sound quite mellow in comparison to Holocron, however the vocals still have the shrieking, desperate sound that makes Holocron so good. 

    I had never heard of Happy Sockmen and bought the 7" blind based on the fact that it had members of Holocron and because the seller I was already buying a bunch of things from had a copy. I wasn't sure what to expect and couldn't find much info about them online, however I was pleasantly surprised and really like the two tracks they have on this split 7". 

    Candywheel has a sweet, femme punk sound with a bit of edge, you could compare them to bands like Endive and Eldrich Anisette.

    Happy Sockmen also have a few unreleased tracks that I haven't been able to find downloads for anywhere as of yet, so if anyone stumbles across them send them my way! 

Happy Sockmen / Candywheel Split 7" (1994)

Candywheel Demo

Happy Sockmen Demos

No comments: