3/12/2023

Instill - ...The Sky Is Falling 7" (1996)

    Instill was a hardcore band from Victoria B.C. They played a heavy and chaotic brand of hardcore with lots of stops and starts. There is truly a uniqueness to the songs on this 7" that I appreciate; the music is dark, fragmented and bursting with anger. I went into this record expecting something completely different then what I got, this band doesn't really sound like any of their Victoria emo contemporaries (Breakwater, Republic Of Freedom Fighters etc...), they are more along the lines of a mix between early Grade and Union Of Uranus. 

    Members went on to form the band Hot Hot Heat and also played in the excellent New York City Rhythm (I will link the demo below). I am still looking for the Instill demo if anyone has leads!

ST 7"

New York City Rhythm Demo


No comments: