3/23/2023

Slowsidedown - Discography (1995-1996)


    Slowsidedown was a hardcore band from Portland, Oregon. This band was a bit of a curiosity, they melded catchy punk melodies with shrieking vocals and swaying, grooving breakdowns. They were often seen on bills with bands like Botch and Jough Dawn Baker, two other metalcore bands that were really pushing the envelope back in the 90s. Slowsidedown; like most of the bands we post here was criminally underrated and flew under the radar despite having a fresh, new and unique take on the genre. I really love the art they used for their 7" releases and they always seemed to be on the most stacked compilations. I have no idea why this band never took off in the D.I.Y hardcore scene when they do it so well.

    Slowsidedown made an official discography from their master tapes back in 2002, i'm not sure what happened in the transferring process but some songs sound much worse than the audio rips I have taken from the vinyl itself. I will include this discography and my rips and you can decide what sounds better.

Both 7"s and the official discography

I Can't Live Without It 12" Comp

Brewing 7" Comp

The Excursion Compilation CD

Hand Made Words 12" Comp

ST 7" 1995 (Red Alert Works)

Impractical Strategies 7" 1995 (Excursion)

Brewing Compilation 1997 (Excursion)

I Can't Live Without It 12" Comp 1996 (MTNCIA)

The Excursion Compilation CD 1996

Hand Made Words Compilation 12" 1995 (sourced from discogs)

No comments: