3/12/2023

Slow Parker - Slow Parker's Music Station (2001)


    Slow Parker was a post-rock/post-hardcore band (presumably) from Ottawa, Ontario. Slow Parker sounded like a mix between post-rock bands like Tortoise and Canadian post-hardcore/math-rock bands like Okara, Blake and Pecola. Intense and layered drumming clings to the grooving bass lines and charming guitar riffs to create a really pleasant listening experience. This one has been on repeat for me for months now.

    This band features members of Shotmaker, Three Penny Opera and Okara; so its a complete mystery to me why it isn't more well known. Special thanks to Theorchidshow on discogs for sending me the FLAC files for this one. If anyone can send me scans of the whole CD package please let me know.

Slow Parker's Music Station

No comments: