3/21/2023

The Exploder - Discography (1997-2000)

    The Exploder was a post-hardcore band from Richmond, Virginia. Curiously two of the members of this band; the drummer and guitarist, went on to play in the popular punk band Strike Anywhere. The bassist went on to play with Regents (members of Sleepytime Trio). The Exploder was an incredibly accurate name for this band; their sound was an explosion of anxious and frantic energy, they made some of my favourite hardcore music of the 90s and went above and beyond their peers while being practically unnoticed and extremely overlooked. 

    The split with Griver and the LP are probably my favourite releases from this band. "Last Picture Show" is such an incredibly impactful and groovy song, I find it stuck in my head all the time... That intro...

    P.S if anyone has the 2001 repress of the full length CD, could you please send me the lossless files for the Griver split tracks? I have only managed to find them in 128kbps so far and it would be a nice step up from the vinyl rip I currently have hosted here

    West End Kids Crusade (I am including the spotify link because this is copyrighted by Dim Mak, and it would have a good chance of being taken down.)




ST 7" 1997 (Jackpot)

This Sound Starts Right Now 1997 (Reptillian)

Cut The Cord EP 1998 (Reptillian)

A Split Twelve Inch (Griver Split) 1998 (Fragil)

The Exploder / Cross My Heart Split 7" 2000 (Reptillian)

West End Kids Crusade EP 1999 (Dim Mak/Independence Day)

No comments: