3/11/2023

Fallenshort - Discography (1994-1996)

    Fallenshort were a punk band from Winnipeg, Manitoba. I ran into this bands sole 7" at an antique market, at first listen Fallenshorts material wasn't all that special but I kept coming back to it. Fallenshort was for lack of a better descriptor an emo-punk band; with punk influenced song structure, deep introspective, political lyrics and upbeat melodies. 

    You could possibly compare them to The Hated. I really don't know what it is about these guys but they really have something special that makes them stick out. I have had the 7" for quite a while, it grew on me a ton so I was stoked to find the demo at a local record store this month; this is probably the first time its been posted on the internet.

Demo and 7"

Proxy In The Making Demo

Thoughts On Oppression 7" 1995

1 comment:

Brewmaster Dave said...

Hey, thanks for digging our music. Like everything in Winnipeg, we have to get famous somewhere else to be noticed. These were just a couple of the releases - you'd be missing the last one "Gee I wish I were a man, I'd join the army" (1996?) which was a split with Knave from Medicine Hat.
Others on Rainy Day were "7+1" (1995) which was the 7inch on tape with one extra song, eloquently wrapped in toilet paper with sharpie marker for the title.
and the first one was titled "Blank" (1994), limited to 100 numbered copies.

Previous band iterations:
Nothing Days (1993?) - "Honk if you see this alien" 300ish copies out there
Gillburt (1992?)- self titled but only a few copies exist